A visit to Bangkok is not complete without a ride in the iconic Tuk Tuk and sampling of world-class street-food. These experiences are combined and mixed with a little bit of mystery. You will get to to experience the beauty of Bangkok by night and whizz around by Tuk Tuk. While digesting your food, the Tuk Tuk will drive around and make several stops in the historic part of Bangkok (Rattanakosin) and Chinatown. Historical interest along the route include: Chinatown, Fort Sumen, Anantasamakon Throne Hall and Rama V statue.
At a variety of stops, this adventure will give a local’s perspective on night time eating. The expert guide will share insights into the various foods as you eat. With eating being an big part of Bangkok’s day-to-day-life you will hence learn about specific and important aspects of Thai culture.
Not only will you be trying street-food from Bangkok but also food that has been influenced by other part of Thailand and neighboring countries. Examples of what you will be sampling include pork satays (Moo Satay), Spicy Chili dips (Nam Prik), combination of curries, sweet deserts and perhaps a beer with your food. An open-mind is required and less adventurous eaters are discouraged to join this tour.
” A unique way to dive into local street-food culture “
“Dive into Bangkok’s street-food culture and sample a variety of snacks and dishes. You will not only taste, and learn about street-food but will also experience the importance of food in Thai day-to-day life.
The operator has a similar philosophy as Co van Kessel Bangkok Tours and aims to take visitors off the beaten path and show day-to-day life in Bangkok.
This is a Tuk Tuk / Food tour so please don’t eat beforehand. There is a minimum age of 12 years old for this tour. Maximum group size is 8 people and normally there are 2 people per Tuk Tuk. In case of an odd numbers of passenger this may be 3 people.
The tour starts at 18:00 and lasts approximately 4 hours.
Guide, food and drinks (mainly soft drinks but beer will be available at least 1 stop), transport during the tour, insurances.
Pick up / drop off from hotels, tips, alcoholic drinks
- If you have any specific dietary requirements please get in touch to see if this tour is suitable for you. This tour is generally not suitable for vegetarians or people with strict dietary requirements.
- During the rainy season June to September / October it may rain in the evening. While we can not control it, usually it only rains for a short time. If it is raining we will still have fun in the rain and we are equipped with umbrellas for you!
- This tour operates between Tuesday and Saturday.
- The final stop is in Chinatown from where the guide will assist you to get a taxi or tuk tuk back home or to the nearest metro-station.
- All the places that we eat we believe are of an acceptable standard and cleanliness to take guests, but for some people we acknowledge that you may still have concerns about some places.
Location & how to get there
The meeting point is at Krung Thonburi BTS (Skytrain) Station near exit Nr. 1. Guests are encouraged to take the BTS Skytrain to the start point to avoid traffic.
More than 48 hours before the start
A 100% refund will be issued
Between 3 and 48 hours before the start
A 50% refund will be issued
Less than 3 hours before the start, or no-show
No refund will be issued
A 500 baht change-fee per person will be will be charged for date changes done within 24 hours of the tour